- Top Quartile Sub-salt exploration and development: Best-in-class performance by GDF SUEZ E&P Nederland in the Netherlands and GDF SUEZ E&P UK for the Cygnus development have established ENGIE E&P International as a leader in sub-salt development.
- Drilling an HP/HT well in extreme weather conditions: In 2009, we drilled our first offshore exploration HP/HT well in the UK sector of the North Sea. The well was considered best-in-class in its category.
- Drilling a complex high-pressure (HP) well in the Nile Delta: In 2010, we successfully drilled a complex HP well in Egypt’s Nile Delta. The challenge included eight casing strings and an expandable liner, which were required to reach the well’s total depth.
- Drilling 46 km in 884 days: In 2010, we drilled 19 wells as an operator, totaling 46 km in 884 days of combined work across the various sites. No injuries to personnel were reported during these operations.
- Employing the most modern drilling technology: In 2009 and 2011, we used one of the most modern drilling units (Aker/Transocean Barents, a sixth generation semi-submersible) to drill an exploration well in an environmentally sensitive area of the Barents Sea.
Thanks to our teams’ experience, we have successfully tackled a range of technical drilling and completion challenges: